Have you ever encountered an over Enthusiastic salesman before?
This might happen to anyone if we understand the signs of their actions clearly
- Overselling the benefits — They oversell on the benefits so much that when I went over to the country I was exploring, I didn’t gain huge benefits for my work.
2. Mis-selling and Misrepresentation
- there is a risk of mis-selling and misrepresentation as they don’t present the true facts of the situation on the ground.
3. Always share the good progress they have achieved — achievements are always better than nothing. However, there’s no mention of the amount of grinding needed to achieve the present achievements
4. Not Listening to the Feedback of customers / collaborators involved in the project — when you pull in collaborators to be part of your projects, are you giving them a share of the pie inside the market or just purely eating up all the benefits and leaving nothing?
5. Selling Prices way above the current market pricing; the key is to going overseas in having enough market research and feeling the pulse and soul of the market. Are you doing enough to make it more receptive to the masses for the economic growth of a country?
How to resolve this?
Actually it’s very simple.
Based on the principle of “action speaks louder than words”, I sometimes would downplay my profile and do my work diligently.
The simple rule of thumb is to focus on the small actions with small achievements.
About the Author:
Gerald Ong CSPO®, CSM®, A-CSPO®, A-CSM®,CAL-O®, CAL-E®, CAL-T®,is a trainer, coach and play consultant. He trains in the areas of Goal Setting, Team Building and Sizing Up Customers in various sectors, particularly the IT Industries. He is an avid smartphone photographer and foodie.
When he is not busy working on #ConsciousEmergence matters, he is also on a quest to connect with different people from all parts of the world or would be out having dinner meet-ups with his friends, along with a glass of whiskey on the rocks
He can be contacted at email@example.com